Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions 2014

I hate to be one of those people that uses the New Year as an excuse to "better themselves."  I'm in full agreement that we should be trying to do that throughout the year.  However, the New Year is just that time when we start reflecting on what we want to change and do better in our lives.  Yes, it's overdone, but at least it's done!  

Every year I think to myself, "I'm going to lose weight."  It's always number one on my list.  This year, yes, it will be on my radar of things to do.  But it's not going to be my number one priority.

This year my one of two top priorities will be getting my life organized.


All moms are busy, regardless of what they do in life.  I hate to feel that I am "busier" than the average mom, but....honestly, I do feel exceptionally busy!  I'm a military spouse, mother to two children, work a full time job, go to school, take care of fur babies, run kids to extra curricular activities, attempt (poorly) to keep a home manageable, and attempt (also poorly) to keep a social life.  Now, I don't do all these things single-highhandedly.  I pretty much have the most awesome support system and everyone should be jealous.

The Hubs.  I don't know if I will ever find a man that can handle the mess I am better than Hubs.  Through my mental and physical breakdowns, he's my rock (hard penis - as he says).  He picks me up and keeps me strong without any judgement.  When I slack in the mom/wife/everything department he's there to pick it up and very rarely does he complain or rub it in my face.

...I actually say this to my Hubs sometimes...

What I'm sure people say to Hubs.
My parents, sister, and in laws.  Yes, they are grouped together because all of them have something in common.  No matter what mess I'm in they are always trying to work something out to help me out of my mess.  Emergency appendix removal...  within 24 hours in laws are there to take care of me and the girls!  Emergency out of town trip...  parents are scheduling a way to be there for the kids.  Emergency pep talk and silly teenage gossip session needed to take mind off serious shenanigans .... sister has that all covered!  The care they all give me is unlike any other.   Not only are they wonderful parents and siblings, they are even more wonderful grandparents, aunties and uncle.  My girls are completely, totally blessed to have them.

This always reminds me of my sister and me
 
My friends!  Oh. My. Goodness.  When I say I'm blessed with the most awesome friends in the history of ever...  I mean it!  My friends aren't just my friends.  They are my extended family!  Taking my girls to school, picking them up from school, helping them with homework, picking up items for me at the grocery store, helping me keep track of birthdays, holidays, ...normal days...  My friends are just awesome...  Without them my world would fall apart!

This is some teenage shiz...that still fits when you're hitting your late 20s, early 30s.

This year on top of being more organized I want to show these people that I love that I appreciate them.  I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'm going to try.  It doesn't need to be elaborate, but I want these people to know that I appreciate the love and support they give to me and my girls. .

Yup!
So there it is....  Get my life organized and show the people I love that I appreciate them!  Anyone else have any overdone resolutions they are planning for 2014?

1 comment:

  1. That's a great resolution!! You are super lucky to have so much support all around you! But it's nice that you appreciate what you have..! You do sound like an exceptionally busy mama too, by the way!
    I return to work in March and my resolution is to find balance between being a wife, mom, worker, exerciser and blogger!! We'll see how that all goes down...

    ReplyDelete